What is Baccarat is ?
Baccarat is a classic card game played in casino, pronounced as bah-kuh-rah, wherein the main object of the game is to reach a total as close as possible to 9. Therefore the winner is the player who holds two or three cards whose total is closest to 9.
How to Play Baccarat ?
-Baccarat is simple and classic game and you can have fun playing Baccarat.
-In the game of Baccarat the main aim is to make a hand total closer to 9.
-There are certain possible results or outcomes to the game of Baccarat-they are Player, Banker or tie. Player and Banker are simply the options on which the customer can bet. Player and Banker are terms that only designate the two hands dealt in the game thus these terms do not refer to the customer and the house. It is customary for the dealer to bet on Banker (Banco).
- Baccarat is usually played with six or eight deck of cards.
-Baccarat is the name of the game which means zero and the worst possible hand.
-All cards through 2 to 9 are worth equal to face values while all 10, Jack, King and Queen count as zero. Ace value is equal to 1.As the highest possible total is 9 so when a hand score goes over nine, the ten digits drops. Thus if a hand totals 16(7+9), it will drop down the ten (or the left digit) and the hand total is worth 6.In essence, Bust is not possible in Baccarat.
- Baccarat is a game in which two hands are dealt and you have option to bet which hand will win, or you can bet that they will tie and the payoff is 1:1(except for the standoff, which payoff is 8-1).If you win a bet on Banker (Banco) you will be levied 5% commission or tax by casino-the in- built house edge, this is the only difference between Banker and Player bet.
-Each hand is dealt minimum of two and a maximum of three cards. Two cards are put face down, held under the shoe by the person who is dealing. The player With the largest bet on punto(Player) will get the other two cards, face down.
-The Player with a bet on Punto then looks at the cards and gives them back to the player who is dealing. Then the player who is dealing will turn over the cards of both hands while the results and the winner will be announced by the one of the casino dealer.
-If the total of hand of either player or Banker is 8 or 9(nine is the highest),it is called as natural ,they will stand and no additional cards are dealt. If the hand is not natural, the third card is dealt depending on the value of each hand. All casinos use precise set rules to the decision to deal third card.
-The hand with the highest count wins after the dealing is completed.
- Baccarat card game is usually played from the shoe of six decks or an eight deck.
- There are only three outcomes on which player can bet on, player (punto), Banker (banco) and a tie (standoff).
- Two cards are drawn each by the Player and the Banker. Your aim is to bet on the hand that as per you will have the highest count.
- Both the player and the banker may be dealt a third card, this depends on the following third card-rules .These rules are not necessary to learn, these are mandatory decisions depending on specific situations and therefore automatic. Chance of error only on rare occasions.
- Banco –Term used for Banker.
- Bankroll – A player’s total gambling money on the bet.
- Carte –A French term for request a card be dealt.
- Coup – A French term for a round of play.
- Croupier – French term for dealer.
- Down Card – A card face down.
- Face Cards – The Jack, Queen, and King of any suit of cards.
- High Roller – A player that wagers big bets.
- House Edge – The casino in-built advantage, usually gained by paying less than the odds.
- Le Grande – French for natural 9.
- Mini-baccarat – A smaller version used for table baccarat.
- Monkey – A term for a face card or a 10.
- Natural – An 8 or a 9 with the first two cards dealt.
- Palette – The tool (usually a long flat wooden baton) used in the Baccarat game to move cards on the table.
- Punto – The term used for Player.
- Shoe – It is a device, usually a wooden box, used for holding and dispensing playing cards to be dealt to the players.
- Shuffle Up – Premature shuffling of playing cards by the dealer.
- Standoff – Term used for a tie.
- Up card – A face Card up.
Baccarat’s Player’s Third Card Rule
- When the first two cards are dealt and either the player or banker cards totals 8 or 9 no additional cards are dealt. The result is called as natural and both automatically stands and the hand are over since no options left.
- When the player has a hand total of 6 or 7, the player stands.
- If the player stands, the banker draws a further card on a total of 5 or below and the banker stands if its total is 6or 7.
- When the player’s total is equal to5 or below 5, the player hits means draws a third card.
- When the player is dealt third card then the banker will draw the third, and it will be determined by the Bank’s third card- rule.
Baccarat’s Third Card Rule
- If the banker’s total is 0, 1 or 2, banker always draws a card.
- If the banker’s total is 3,banker draws a third card if player’s third cars is 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9-0 (except
- If the banker hand total is 4, banker draws a third card if the Player third card is 2-3-4-5-6-7 that is unless the player third card was a 0, 1, 8 or 9.
- If the banker hand total is 5, banker draws a third card if the player third card was 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- If the banker hand total is 6, banker draws a third card if the player third was 6 or 7.
- If the banker hand total is 7, the banker stands.
- One with the count closest to 9 wins after the final dealing.